The Registrar, Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Prof. Ishaq Oloyede,
has said that interested applicants can still register for the ongoing Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) being written in the country. According to Prof. Oloyede, the Senate gave him a mandate last month to extend the registration period by one month which would run into May 28, being the final day the board would close its registration portal, for interested candidates who may still want to register but have not done so because of some hitches. Prof. Oloyede gave the assurance on Friday during his visit to a Computer-Based Centre, CBT, in Lagos. â€œAs I speak, we have registered additional 1,100 candidates,â€ he said. Recall that, already, JAMB had released a total of 1,048,914 results out of the 1,648,429 candidates who have written the ongoing UTME. Stating further, the Registrar said the candidates have not done badly going by the results released so far, and said that fingerprints may no longer be required in subsequent UTME registrations. Meanwhile, the examination body has denied rumour of deductions in candidatesâ€™ marks in the ongoing exam. Dr Fabian Benjamin, the Head of JAMB Information and Media, denied the reports in a statement in Abuja. According to Benjamin, the rumour is false, devilish and a ploy to cause disaffection among candidates who participated in the 2017 UTME. â€œIt is no longer news that all our centres have CCTV camera and we have watched all proceedings at the Computer Based Test (CBT) centres across the nation. â€œThose involved in any infraction will be sanctioned in accordance with the provision of the Examination Malpractice Act. â€œThe board has not deducted any marks from any candidate and is not contemplating doing that as it is not a condition for sanction in any of the provisions of the law against malpractice. â€œAgain, we call on all candidates to be mindful of fraudulent characters who will send misleading information to create panic and take advantage of the situation to defraud themâ€. Benjamin said that the examinations had so far been conducted for 1,698,835 candidates and that the remaining 19950 would sit for the examination on Saturday, May 20. He said that the board would conclude the ongoing examination on Saturday, May 20, and examination results were being released for candidates to check, except on Friday and Saturday. Benjamin said that report that candidates, who could not check their results because they owed JAMB some money, was also false. He advised candidates not to pay any money to anybody as their results had already been sent to their mails and on the JAMB website: http://www.jamb.org.ng Benjamin advised candidates to login to check the result with their registration number or with email address to print. He urged candidates with any challenge not to hesitate to contact the board or check the organisationâ€™s Website for detailed information and numbers for enquiries.